How to take care of your vehicle A/C during the warm seasons
Summer is approaching, and as it gets hotter outside, it means it’s time to switch your car’s setting from heat to cool! For this reason, you must have your vehicle’s A/C in good condition. And on this month’s blog, we will share how you can take care of your vehicle’s A/C during the warm seasons.
Don’t let the hot summer and your damaged A/C ruin your summer trip! If you find that your vehicle’s A/C isn’t quite keeping up with the rising temperatures, it might be time to visit your auto mechanics for a quick cheek up.
Tips to take care of your vehicle’s A/C
- Don’t turn on the A/C until you’re driving: One of the best ways to keep your A/C strong and high-functioning is one of the most simple and potentially inconvenient.
- Recirculation: Your vehicle’s A/C will typically cool down your car through two methods, direct cooling, and recirculation. Recirculation is your friend if you want to save on energy and reduce stress on your A/C.
- Keep your ride in the shade: You can reduce the usage of your A/C by keeping your vehicle parked in a shaded area during the heat of the day.
- Change your air filter regularly: A dirty air filter affects the air quality that is going inside your vehicle and lowers your fuel efficiency.
- Often maintenance: It is good to get your A/C system serviced or checked every time you go for car maintenance. It will not only keep your vehicle’s A/C in good condition but will make it last longer.
Do not let a damaged A/C ruin your summer trip! Visit your auto mechanic as soon as possible to get it fixed. Take into consideration the tips below to find out the issue with your A/C, but remember, if you need help, our expert auto mechanics can assist you.
Dowdy’s Automotive, with multiple locations in the Treasure Valley (Boise, Meridian, Ontario), is here to help you with any vehicle maintenance and repair! Please be sure to schedule a service appointment. Check out the website or Like our Facebook page for updates and news. Schedule a time to drop off your car for service. The Dowdy’s Automotive team is always happy to serve.