A one-minute investment can help your vehicle a lot by being in good condition and running smoothly on the road. Checking your vehicle’s oil is essential maintenance that you should consider doing more often, as it benefits your car a lot.
This month’s blog will share why it’s necessary to inspect your vehicle’s oil and give you some tips on how to do it.
Why is it necessary?
When you think about your vehicle’s oil, consider it as the life’s blood of your car engines. The oil lubricates the engine’s internal moving parts, keeping them from wearing too quickly and breaking down too soon.
Tips on how to inspect your car’s oil:
- Find a lint-free rag: Scrap the lint-free rag of old fabric to use when checking your oil.
- Read your owner’s manual: If you are unfamiliar with what is under your vehicle’s hood, checking out the manual will allow you to better understand each of the parts of your car.
- Warm-up your car: Ensure that you turn your vehicle off before you begin the process of oil checking; you won’t want to burn yourself!
- Pop the hood: Pull the handle located on the inside of your vehicle, and press the lever underneath the hood’s center.
- Locate the dipstick: This is mainly located on the left side of the engine. When you pull this handle, a long piece of metal will slide out of the engine where you can measure if it’s time for an oil change or not.
Changing your vehicle’s oil can be simple for some by just following the tips we just shared. But if it is complicated and you need help, our expert auto mechanics are here to assist you.
Dowdy’s Automotive in Boise is here to help you with an oil inspection! Please be sure to schedule a service appointment. Check out the website or Like our Facebook page for updates and news. Let us know if you need our team to pick up and deliver your vehicle. The Dowdy’s Automotive team is always happy to serve.